After 3 years, finally justice?

Many long time Lake Harriet sailors know that I had a boat burned and destroyed by vandals almost 3 years ago. You can read the post about the crime HERE

Minneapolis police never gave up on the case, and now it seems that their determination may result in the case being solved. This week I received a letter in the mail saying someone had been charged.

I have to say that I am very happy to see this move to a possible resolution. The destruction of two sailboats and the damage of another rattled the twin cities sailing community. More tellingly, many people including non-sailors, looked upon the sailboats on the chain of lakes as a community asset. The vandalism was taken as an affront to the community as a whole. Holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions will go a long way toward healing this wound.

I'll update more here as it develops.


Comments

  1. That is just great!! Congratulations, Clay, and others who were vandalized! It's so good to hear this news.

    I'm anxious to follow up and see if this is the same crook who took our Victoria 18 mainsail and genoa (sail cover and rootbeer barrel sail stopper, too) last June/July. Same day another boat had her motor stolen, I'm told. If anyone has any news about that my number is 612-961-6421. Thanks! Arlyn "Freelancer" Port of Harriet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DNR map of Lake Harriet

Keeping an eye on swimmers

Vandals On Lake Harriet Strike Again