The heir to Jackdaw

Many people I see ask the blog, lack of activity, and about the new boat I have mentioned. Here's the story.

Last fall we started plans to bring Jackdaw to the Wayzata Yacht Club on Lake Minnetonka. Kept in a slip there, we would race her in the twice-weekly races. And that was the plan. Until BlueJ crossed our transom again. BlueJ is a very rare 1996 Beneteau First 260; in fact she is the only example in the USA. The bigger boat with inboard diesel would be great on Lake Minnetonka, and I have done all the updates to Jackdaw that I could think of. We had looked at her once before while looking into the boat that would become Kestrel. The timing seemed too good to be true.

26 feet long and all waterline, she looks like a mini Volvo Ocean Race boat. I think she the best looking sailboat under 30 feet. She has her own blog as well, HERE.


Here Pia and I race a few Sundays ago. The blue hull and dual rudders make her really stand out. Designed by renowned designer Jean-Marie Finot, you can find more information HERE

You might note a new boat on Harriet that looks like BlueJ. It her little sister, the First 210.

I'll continue to post items that I hear about, and anyone can contact me for ideas on new posts.

Happy sailing and fair winds,  Clay



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DNR map of Lake Harriet

Keeping an eye on swimmers

Vandals On Lake Harriet Strike Again